BCP fully furnished our client's beautifully upgraded TH from the "House of BCP" interior design collection to create maximum visual appeal and interest with buyers. The result was the highest sale price in Overlook history for a TH.
Please enjoy this 3 bedroom, 3 full & 1 half bathroom, 2-car garage, 2716 finished sq.ft. townhouse located in the sought after Overlook community in Alexandria, Virginia.
The upgrades throughout the house present a rarely found opportunity – A beautifully upgraded, move-in ready home located inside the Beltway with immediate access to 395/495/95, but also within a tree-lined, green-space community surrounding a Fairfax County Park.
While residents live in this Park-like setting, Overlook is also perfectly positioned for residents to reap “livability” and house valuation benefits from the forthcoming Landmark Mall redevelopment and other planned projects along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor.
A full description of the house features and upgrades, the Overlook community, and the Landmark Mall redevelopment project is provided below.
PLEASE NOTE: The photos and video featurette are from the listing agent's 2018 sale of this house. The features and upgrades shown in the 2018 visuals are the same as present in the house today, including the Benjamin Moore colors throughout the house. Only the furnishings are different, with the 2018 photos/video showing furnishings from the listing agent's interior design collection.
The house will be in Active status to allow showings once the seller's boxing up process is completed.
- The upgrades and appointments to this house start at the front curb with the new Hinkley Trafalgar series exterior lights, then continue on from the dramatic view from the foyer to each room in the house. A focus on the details – both big and small – is apparent throughout this house, from the visual impact of the Benjamin Moore paint in neutral colors to create a flow from room to room, level to level in the house, to the brushed nickel hardware on every door in the house, including hinges, with levers replacing knobs for a more elegant look and feel.
- Once inside the house, the foyer is lit by a showpiece brushed nickel lantern-style pendant light. The house opens to a living room with a bay window and a dining room, where an eight candle brushed nickel candelabra is the centerpiece. Both rooms have custom crown molding and wainscoting. Two columns on this level create a “door” leading into the open kitchen with seating areas for relaxing and entertaining.
- The kitchen has a cook's layout that is ready for entertaining, with an island sink, ample prep room, stainless steel appliances, maple cabinets, tiled floor, granite counters, and a polished marble tile backsplash. The kitchen island continues this granite and marble tile combination, with architectural corbels added to the bar top for visual impact. The island bar is sized for eating or watching the cook at work, with room for three stools.
- The kitchen opens to a fireplace with flanking built-in bookcases and lower cabinets, with enough room for a sitting area or a table for informal dining. Another sitting area off the kitchen is sized for a sofa or sectional with five windows that overlook the fenced-in patio.
- The kitchen has access via Trex steps to the fenced patio for al fresco dining or entertaining. A large common space behind the house and screening evergreens provide privacy when inside the house or on the patio.
- The Owner's Suite is large enough to make a King-size bed look small, with the spacious feeling emphasized by a vaulted ceiling. A separate seating area with five windows lets in morning light for a relaxing read of the paper or a weekend nap. The Owner's Suite offers enough space for an office set-up if you prefer workspace to lounging space. The 40 foot tall Evergreen trees in the common area behind the house provide green screen privacy year round to the Owner's Suite.
- The Owner's Suite Bathroom has been upgraded with granite vanity tops, Moen brushed nickel fixtures, framed mirrors, light fixtures, polished soaking tub and shower pan, and a frameless brushed nickel shower door.
- The Owner's Suite has two walk-in closets, each with a custom built-in organizer system.
- The 2nd & 3rd bedrooms are both sized to accommodate a Queen bed, with a double door closet.
- The 2nd bathroom upstairs has also been upgraded with a granite vanity top, Moen brushed nickel fixtures, framed mirror, light fixture, and a polished bathtub.
- The laundry is located on the bedroom level, with a walk-in space that has overhead cabinets for storage.
- The lower level has wood floors, with ample room to watch a large screen TV, set up a separate library or office area, and a separate sitting area in front of the second fireplace.
- The lower level also has a fully renovated full bathroom, with new vanity, custom glass shower door, and tiled shower and floor.
- All light fixtures in the house have been upgraded, including the recessed lighting, which are flush profile LED lights, with adjustable light levels along spectrum from warm white to daylight.
- The garage is a two-car, single door model, with a separate storage area that has a large elfa shelving system.
- The driveway offers space for two parking spaces. Visitor parking is available at either end of Cozy Glen, just steps from the house.
- The HVAC system (Carrier) and hot water heater were upgraded in 2011.
- The carpet in the house was newly installed in April 2021.
Overlook Community Details:
Overlook is located just inside the Beltway, with immediate access to 395/495/95 and a bus to the Pentagon Metro that you can catch with less than a 5-minute walk from the front door. The Van Dorn Metro is located less than a 10-minute drive. Dining, shopping, recreational, and cultural options found in Washington DC, Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, and Tysons are within easy reach. A wide range of regular Life necessities are all within 10-15 minutes from Overlook. The St. James, a 450,000 sq.ft. sport, wellness, and lifestyle complex is a 10 minute drive.
Entering Overlook, you enjoy a drive up a winding, tree-lined avenue, which gives the Community a feeling of calm apart from the rush of daily Life. Overlook surrounds Fairfax County's Bren Mar Park, with its mature trees and walking trails. The green space, coupled with wide streets and greater rear separation from other houses for better privacy, are quality of Life features that are rarely found in a community located inside the Beltway. When living in Overlook, these features are yours to enjoy.
Overlook also offers its residents an outdoor pool, playgrounds, tennis court, and access to Fios high speed internet.
The planned redevelopment projects within Alexandria's West End are located to benefit the community from their proximity. Overlook will offer its residents easy access to the shopping, dining, and entertainment amenities in these projects, yet you get to live in a Park-like setting, with a neighborhood look and feel.
Update On Alexandria West End Redevelopment Projects:
On December 22, 2020, the City of Alexandria announced the plan to redevelop Landmark Mall, with Inova as the anchor client and Foulger-Pratt as the local developer. The City’s announcement and information regarding the project can be viewed at the following links (City 12-22-2020 press announcement and Landmark Mixed Use Redevelopment 1-4-2021 Community Information Session presentation (link is to YouTube video of presentation/the presentation slides are uploaded to this property website)).
Inova will build a new World-class hospital complex with a:
- 230 in-patient hospital (all private rooms);
- Level II Trauma Center (1 of 3 in NoVa);
- Level III NICU;
- Comprehensive cancer care center;
- Advanced services for obstetrics, heart & vascular, & neurosciences; and
- Medical office building for 50 specialty physicians.
The new Landmark will be a community gathering place for Alexandria's West End, with residential, retail, and restaurants, 3.5 acres of public parks, a minimum of 25% open space for each block, a transit hub, and a new fire station.
The summary document uploaded to the property website outlines the details regarding the development, the hospital, and timeline.
Construction is scheduled to commence in 2023, the first non-hospital buildings will be ready in 2025, and the new Inova Alexandria hospital is scheduled to open in 1st Quarter of 2028.
Apart from bringing a World-class hospital and shopping, dining, entertainment options five minutes from Overlook, the Landmark project will be a catalyst for other planned development projects that will bring additional options for livability benefits along the Landmark-Van Dorn Corridor, such as Landmark Overlook, Greenhill South, Avanti 550, and others.
Bella Casa Partners™ is an agent team of KW United Alexandria-Kingstowne. Office located in Alexandria, Virginia. 703-562-1800. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you are currently under a brokerage agreement with another agency, this is not a solicitation. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. All properties are subject to prior sale, rental, or other disposition.
Bella Casa Partners™ is a trademark of Bella Casa Partners, LLC. The KW logo is a trademark of KELLER WILLIAMS® real estate brokerage. © 2014-2022 Bella Casa Partners, LLC. (License No. 0226031610).